The General Idea

"Hello!
Welcome to the MalapropCast.
The purpose of this Blog is quite simple:

We are here to open up a discussion about the American Shakespeare Center's 'Almost Blasphemy' tour.

See? Simple as that.

This blog will be supplemented by/supplemental to a Podcast of the same name in which we'll try to include interviews with performers and audience members, cast performances of scenes, discussions of elements of the kind of theatre (no typo, that's how we spell the live stuff) we do. That, and I hope to include a good amount of personal posts and retrospectives on what it's like to be on tour.

Really, we're just here to play.

So come and play with us, wont you?"

...
Well, that was the case, at least.
I no longer work for the ASC, but i do still have the itchy fingers and pen of an amateur writer, and i like the idea of keeping this conversation going.
So i'm gonna.
I'll wax ridiculous about my life, my attempts to get work, and my over-mulled analysis of this world and city and business and, and, and...
You get the idea.



Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You know, you need, you know you need (Part 2)

What a thing this city is! 
How glad I am to have taken this opportunity to come play and prance around the thriving rush of commerce and day to day reality of city living.
Like any true tourist, I've been taking pictures of everything and everywhere I go.
Like a bad tourist, all the photos are of things that catch my eye in the moment, so of no real value to anyone save my passing fancy.
But don't you worry, I'll post em!
Fortunately, this poor-excuse of a tourist had time to spend with two dear friends (each in their own time)
Joshua, my dear college friend and I.  A conversation between comiserating college grads about adulthood and the unexpected suddeness of it.  I love my friends and miss the time spent with them almost as much as I value their prolonged and unwavering presence in my life (albeit digitally)
Faith, a part of my happy high-school years and sometimes so far from my present living I wonder she might be a figment of my better imagination, and here she is, crossing the street and hugging me, real as music and just as sweet.  Thank anything you choose for the visit from your history that so quickly becomes a part of your present. 
I have seen the Wall Street protests and am amazed.  I have fistfulls of sentanced ramblings to share with you about the occupation, but to do so here might be less than appropriate to my venue.  Later, with time to rest and ruminate, I'll link to a post in my private blog. 
'Blog.'  What a strange word.
I am near the protests, still, so I will swing by them again for more (hopefull better) photos and thoughts, and then I make my way to join Mr. Amendola at Lunasa Cafe on the corner of St. Marks and 1st. 
Adventure!!

P.S. pictures incoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment